Mattress Care & Proper Set Up
Proper Set Up For Your Sleep System
Your sleep system, both the flexible slats & the mattress, must be set up properly in order to ensure that they are working together as intended. Be sure that the following is the case once the system is delivered:
For all mattresses with zippered covers, make certain of two things:
- The zipper is at the TOP edge of the mattress
- The zipper pull (when fully closed) is located at the FOOT of the bed
Flexible Slat System/Foundation:
The easiest way to know that the slat system is set up correctly is to make sure the manufacturer’s tag is at the HEAD of the bed.
Caring For Your Mattress in Case of Accidents
The mattress cover on your mattress is NOT machine washable & we do not recommend dry cleaning. Your mattress cover is made of 100% cotton and 100% wool and thus WILL SHRINK if machine washed. If you are reading this note after the fact, you can always order a new mattress cover for a reasonable price ranging between $300.00 – $520.00 depending on the size required.
Tips for cleaning:
- Spot clean only, if necessary, with a mild detergent such as Woolite & warm water
- Air dry
- Do not expose latex foam to direct sunlight. This will create oxidation and eventual crumbing in the foam.
Washable Mattress Protector:
If you did not purchase the Washable Mattress Protector, we highly recommended that you consider one.
- The best way to protect your mattress as it is machine washable and dryer safe.
- Made of the same soft, stretchy knit cotton as the mattress cover, so it doesn’t change the surface tension of your mattress. Consequently, it doesn’t change the feel of the mattress.
- Allows air to circulate freely reducing heat and humidity from building up on the surface of your mattress, keeping you dry and cool.